Mother's Day was a real treat this year. First of all, Shannon was down here visiting on a quick 24 hour trip (which is one of my favorite things in the world). We went out to lunch and spent Saturday shopping for a few much needed items. I found some cute maternity shirts and she purchased a super cute outfit to wear when she gets to see her hubby in two weeks. After spending the evening over at Nancy and Larry's, we all came home exhausted. As I was pulling down some extra blankets from the closet, a look of worry came across Boyd's face as he watched me. Following his gaze, my eyes shot up to behind where the blankets were sitting. And that's when I found it....
....my Mother's Day present! Boyd and I had previously discussed how Mother's Day to both of us is a day to show our love and appreciation for our moms, but not a huge gift day. Despite that conversation, up there, in the corner of the closet, sat a maternity pillow. I've been trying for weeks to get used to sleeping on my side (I'm a stomach and back sleeper) and it seemed that no matter what I tried I always woke up a million times a night sore and uncomfortable. This lovely little miracle has somehow managed to make me sleep nearly the whole night through for three whole nights now, and I love it! I don't know what makes such a difference, but I am very grateful for my husband's thoughtfulness. Nights are so much more welcomed when I know I can go cuddle up with my new love, next to my eternal love, and 8 hours later wake up ache free.
Thank you, Boyd!
Oh yeah, and the rest of Mother's Day was made even better by Boyd making Shann and I a delicious hot breakfast Sunday morning. Did I ever mention how lucky I am?
2 comments:
Gotta love those Black boys! (and maternity pillows)
It was so good to see you the other day! I'm glad the pillow is helping. Seriously, sleep is the best thing EVER! (other than sweet husbands of course)
Post a Comment