Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turkey Day!

This year for Thanksgiving Boyd and I decided to go to Idaho and pay Shann and Daren back (a bit) for all the times they've driven down here to visit us. We both were stressed nearly to our limit and needed to get out of Provo for a few days. And that's just what it was...a few days. We left Wednesday late morning and had to be back for me to be to work on Friday at noon. Much too short of a trip!

It couldn't have been much better of a trip. I know that I thoroughly enjoyed being with my best friend. Life somehow seems so much clearer and more simple when I'm around her. Heavenly Father definitely blessed us to meet each other those many years ago. I know the boys also enjoyed being together. They had fun working on the cars as Shann and I cooked away in the kitchen.

Speaking of cooking. We decided to do the whole works even though it was just the four of us. I tried my hand at some homemade pies this year, and was very pleased with the outcome! (I'm a sucker for a good cranapple pie...yummmm!!!) We also put Shann's wheat grinder to use (thanks, Mom Black!) and ground our own wheat for our rolls. Very yummy! I was surprised at how good everything turned out. If you would have known us in highschool, you would have never guessed we could have pulled it all off.

P.S. My apologies for not being very good at posting lately. Our lives have been nuts. And to top it all off, I just found out that BYU made a mistake in telling me what PRAXIS to sign up for. It turns out I took the wrong one, and now I have to do it all over again in January. Very not fun! I don't want to go through the stress of studying for that again, especially right after Christmas.

1 comment:

Gerb said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We couldn't find anyone who didn't already have plans to join us. We all ate WAY too much!