My parents love to tell the story about how when I was a little girl I would take my socks off, spread my toes as wide as I could, and use my finger to scrape out all the lint. Only it wasn't called lint in our house, the pieces of sock left behind between my toes were lovingly referred to as 'suzzies'. (Maybe the word I was going for was 'fuzzies'? but my little toddler speach turned it into 'suzzies', I don't know.)
Now my little girl does the same thing. She is always taking her socks off and getting the stuff out from between her toes. She doesn't like anything dirty on her feet at all. One night, as I went in her room to help her get her jammies on for bed, I found her, sock on the ground, toes spread as far apart as possible, and her little finger scraping out every last speck of anything that was in there. I couldn't resist laughing, giving her a huge hug, and introducing her to the term "suzzies".
No comments:
Post a Comment