Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spring Break Trip

Spring break was in March, which although only 2 months ago, feels like ages ago.  To do something slightly more productive than sitting around at home, and tons more fun, we hit the road to CO.  We hadn't seen my parents' new place yet, so we piled the kids and some clean clothes in the car, and drove the 15 hours to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We have such good little travelers!! 

I love my parents' house!  They have some split levels, and after seeing GB have much more confidence on their stairs than ours, I've come to like split level homes a lot more.  Their yard is tiny compared to what they had before, but the kids still had hours of fun blowing bubbles, playing in the rocks, and drawing with sidewalk chalk.  It was the first real warm weather of the spring, so it was really nice to get outside. 

The trip did have some not so good parts.  GB broke out in eczema because it was so dry, and that took a while for us to figure out what to put on her because she was also sweating so bad from the increase in temperature.  Then my dad got a horrible cold and had to quarantine himself in his bedroom for the last two days. 

Somehow I didn't take many pictures.  I've gotten horrible at trying to carry a camera around and take care of two kids at the same time.  So these are the only pictures I have of the trip. 



No comments: