We've had some crazy busy weeks. Ok, really, Boyd's been taking most of the hit, but it rubs off on the rest of us a bit. Lately he's been working on this 40 page brief for an IP moot court-ish type of competition for school. It's actually kind of silly, because they've spent hours and hours working on it, many really late nights, they take it totally seriously, and it all revolves around a made up case about a magic wand. The characters are spoofs out of Harry Potter, and the wand stores spells in it to be used via voice command...and it is particularly useful for shrinking spells. It goes on and on. Boyd had me laughing hysterically over this case one night. He'd been spending so much time working on this brief, which I had chalked up to being another boring law paper, and then he came into the bedroom and started telling me about it so matter-of-factly that I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Well, it's finally done. Friday they printed off 13 copies of 40 pages...that's 520 pages (I wonder how many trees worth of paper a single law student uses)...and mailed them to Chicago. Hallelujah!
Also, last Monday we didn't notice JB trying to go down the stairs while carrying the doll stroller until it was too late. He fell head over heels down pretty much the entire flight, giving us all a scare I don't wish to repeat any time soon. Thankfully he came out with only a bump on the head and a bruised bum. GB seized the opportunity of us being distracted to grab the camera we had left within reach, and was quite heartbroken when we took it away. So we decided to have her pose for a picture to see if it would cheer her up.
I just finished my latest project, and I'm really happy with how it turned out Pictures will come later. It's a gift for a good friend...or rather, her cute little new baby...and I can't ruin the surprise. So, later!
1 comment:
So, like mother/like daughter. I recall a certain 2 year old, in a diaper, shirt, and little-kid sunglasses, coming up and saying, "daddy, take my picture!"
Post a Comment