Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

I've shared Thanksgiving dinner with lots of different people at lots of different places over the years, but it has  never been at my own house.  Until this year.  And it was so fun! This year my parents drove from CO and my brother down from WI to join in on the fun.  We cooked, and we talked, and we cooked some more.....and then we ATE!!  Goodness, I love Thanksgiving food.  Especially my dad's stuffing.  And pie.  There are few things better to eat than pie.  One of those being cheesecake, and we had that too. 

The kids had so much fun having their grandparents and uncle here.  We're so glad they spent those hours in the car to spend that special holiday with us.  Thank you so much guys.  We'll have to do it again sometime. 


Here's a quick snapshot of all of us.  Notice my dad's funny face.  That's because instead of saying 'cheese' he was saying some weird name for some bizarre type of cheese (or maybe some weird name for some bizarre type of cheese in a different language even) and the camera caught him at just the right time.  Yup, that's my dad for ya.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

So fun and So brave! I have't done a Thanksgiving dinner at my home yet either. I know one day I will but until then I will let dad do the cooking ;)

So Zach looks SO grown up and your parents look great! I guess It's been a while since I've last seen them . . . And yes your dad is awesome and I wouldn't change him either :)

Bruce said...

Your dad was clearly saying "formaggio". It's better than saying käse, or queso, or even сыр.