Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pudding

There aren't too many times I venture out to the grocery store with both kids. Usually I go on Saturday when Boyd can watch at least one of them. To be honest, I get kind of lonely running errands all by myself so I like to have one (usually JB) with me.

The grocery store closest to us sometimes does special sales that are good only on Thursday and Friday, or just Friday. On one of those days there was something I really wanted to get, so I got brave and put both of them in the car. (Now, if any of my totally awesome and talented SILs are reading this they're probably laughing. I'm sure they wish they only had 2 kids with them when they went to the grocery store.)

On our way down the isle, JB saw the pudding. Like any other normal child, he wanted some. I let him put it in the cart and he was fine. But only until after we paid for it. Then he kept asking me to open it, to which I replied that I would open it when we got home. This situation repeated until we pulled into the driveway, and instead of listening to him ask me over and over again as I put the groceries away, I decided to put GB in her highchair, give them each one, and have JB help her eat it. They had so much fun together, and giggled their way through their snack! And I got to unload my bags in peace.

3 comments:

Bruce said...

the Dollar Tree usually has 4-packs for $1, so sometimes I splurge on the pre-made/pre-packaged. My personla favorite is butterscotch

Boyd and Sarise said...

I can beat your dollar store....the regular grocery store sells 4-packs for $.88! But then you don't get such a flavor variety.

Trina said...

I love how JB is opening his mouth too. They are both getting so big. It doesn't seem like that long ago that JB was GB size. We sure miss having you guys living so close.