Sunday, September 19, 2010

3 weeks

Tomorrow marks GB's 3 week b-day. It's hard to believe that so much time has past. Last week was our first week on our own, without my mom here to help. Boyd had a crazy busy week at school, taking him away from home more than normal and keeping him up really late at night. Somehow I made it on my own. Each day seemed to get better and better - the kids tolerated each other more, there were fewer tantrums from JB, and I got more and more done. It's true that we did have to eat dinner in the living room in front of a movie more than once just to get JB to eat something without Daddy here to help, but we made it through with our sanity in tact. Actually, I'm quite impressed with how well I did emotionally. There's still a lot that needs to work itself out that only time will fix (especially along the lines of JB adjusting to no longer having all our attention) but we are loving having our little angel in our lives.

Here are a few pictures from the past three weeks:









PS. Still no word back from the firm Boyd interviewed with on Minneapolis. We hope to hear from them this week. Our fingers are crossed! (Actually we haven't heard back from anywhere, whether it be good or bad, for a handful of weeks. )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got pictures up! I have been dying to see the new little one. She is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad things are settling down for you--I'm pretty nervous about this transition from one to two . . . but I guess it finds a way to work out somehow! Good luck with everything--love ya

Marc and Liz Anson said...

She is beautiful! Congrats again. It sounds like you are adjusting well, don't worry it only gets easier. And about the movie thing, don't feel bad, I can promise you that you are not the only mom to do that. :)

Heidi Miller said...

She is such a beauty! And JB in those glasses!!! So cute!! He is so big!