Sunday, October 18, 2009

Birthday Boy!!

I thought I had lots of pictures to show what we've been doing over the past month, but I guess they're all on the video camera. However, we do have lots of pictures of our last big event....


...JB turned 1 on the 15th!!! I can't believe it. My boy's growing up! Let me just say that I have been so excited for this for over a month. It is so hard not to buy your child every neato toy in the store, but we successfully stuck to buying just those things he needed for the moment - boring things like a winter coat and hat. Oh, and bugs! Boyd got him little plastic bugs. I'm sure someday I will be the victim of those little creatures hiding in my bed.

(lounging on the bean bag chair from Grandpa and playing with his new bugs.)

Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Zach came down from MN for a few days to help celebrate. It was sure nice to have them here. JB loves all the new toys they brought him. Especially the 'duplos' set that Uncle Zach got him. He's learning to put the pieces together and still pushes the little cars around going 'vvvrrrooomm'.

(Boyd trying to teach him to rip the paper.)

(There are 100 balls in that bag of balls.
His favorite thing to do with them was to hand them to Grandma one by one.)


I made him a homemade chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. Yummm!! After he saw it he immediately wanted to stick his finger in the frosting. Then Boyd had to give a little encouragement, and a few minutes later the piece of cake was no longer recognizable. I'm glad he enjoyed it.
Now that you've seen more kiddo pictures than you probably wanted to (unless you're family - and then you can never seem to get enough of them) we'll move onto some things not quite so kid related.


This is the rag quilt that's been taking up a lot of my spare time lately. I got the fabric back in July when Shann was visiting, but hadn't had a chance to make it until recently. It's nice to have a basement to leave projects out so I can work on them during nap times. Lately I've been trying to make sure that I make time for myself to work on projects I want to do, read, etc. It's really made a difference in my level of happiness lately. And it's always nice to have something to keep me busy when Boyd needs to focus on homework.


Some of my next projects are JB's baby book and getting a blog book ready to order.


Boyd and I are ward missionaries, which means we have been going to Gospel Principles class lately. It's been really nice to go back and hear the basic lessons of the gospel again. This Saturday one of the investigators is getting baptized. We are so excited for him!! His daughter is also taking the discussions, but has not been challenged to baptism yet. We also just got sister missionaries as of a couple weeks ago, so it looks like there might be a chance for me to go with them once in a while on visits.

4 comments:

Mrs. Black said...

I can't believe he is already a year old. It's hard to believe that we were in you little apartment a year ago this weekend holding the little guy! Now he's a big guy!! Hope all is well with you guys! I need to call soon. Love you all!

Gerb said...

Happy Birthday to JB! What a cutie. And I think you have discovered the secret to happiness as a mom - finding time to just be Sarise every once in a while and do the things you love!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

Yaaaaay for birthdays!! :)

And I'm seriously thinking about getting those balls for Bella - a friend of mine has them, put them in a cardboard box, and put her son in the box. It was really awesome. He's 7 months old. lol

And where do you go to print your blog out? I've heard of a couple places so I just wondered what you used. :)

Kelly said...

Oh Sarise! I just send you a message but wow! I can't believe he's one! and omg he is huge! and so cute! he seemed so danity with that cake too! haha! I love the pictures and you def need to post a million more! OH and will you tell me how you did the blog book? I need to make one at the end of the year and i don't know how! I'm not that quick! I miss you!