We're here!! We got to our new place in Iowa city on Saturday afternoon and have been unpacking ever sense. Ok, we got mostly unpacked after only a couple days thanks to my parents coming down to help watch JB while we opened boxes. Now we're waiting to find a new entertainment center before we can finish unpacking the rest of our boxes and finalizing a home for everything.
The drive across the country (ok, ok, half the country) went a lot better than I had anticipated. JB only screamed for a half hour the first day, and then he accepted the fact that he wasn't going to get out of his carseat and played with his toys/slept. What a good kiddo! Friday night we had a great time visiting with Aaron and KJ in Omaha, where we had yummy "Magic Bullet" smoothies. Their girls are getting so big!!!
Shortly after we got her Saturday afternoon we were met by neighbors and ward members who helped us unload our truck and get mnoved in. We are VERY lucky to have four fantastic neighbor families!! The two families in the duplex next door are also LDS, and all are students. Boyd's met a few fellow law students already, and is getting anxious for the start of classes.
Right now we're enjoying the time we have with Daddy before he starts school. The lazy mornings have been great, and we've enjoyed spending our afternoons getting used to our new surroundings.
Pictures to come....
1 comment:
Sarise, I just found your blog! And you're in Iowa City!!! That makes me happy :) I'm born and raised Iowa City-an. I hope you love it there! I love it there... My family live in the 4th ward? I'm not sure... the boundaries have changed a lot since I've lived there (the Hartley's). You may know the Dougherty's? Angela and Joe are both in laws of my cousins. yea - super weird connection. Angela's brother married my cousin Abby. Joe's twin brother, Chris married my cousin Eliza. Abby and Eliza are siblings. IT's a love triangle. Anyway! It's fun I found your blog, your little guy is getting so big! I hope you're liking Iowa still... the winters (and summer humidity) can be dreadful.
Post a Comment