
As mentioned in the last post, we've been spending a little time each day getting to know the area we've moved into. With that comes finding the stores you like by trial and error. Our lovely neighbors generously put together a list of places (post office, grocery stores, library, etc.) that might be of interest to us. Luckily it's given us a starting point to all this madness.
The day after my parents left we decided that it was finally a NEED to go grocery shopping. So after spending a sizable chunk of time at the Hobby Lobby so I could find out for myself what a wonderful store it is, we headed over to the nearby grocery store. Upon walking through it I remembered oh too well that groceries here are much more expensive than what I had become used to in Utah. I remember my first few times grocery shopping in Provo, all my roommates complaining about how expensive food was, and me rejoicing in how inexpensive it all was. Now it's backwards - and I was going through utter sticker shock! How in the world could the cheapest apples be $1.50/lb (no joke!) and why is locally grown produce like an arm and a leg more than the shipped in stuff? I was starting to panic!!!!
Don't worry though....today we checked into grocery store #2. What did we find??? SUCCESS!!!! Once again I feel like we can eat. Sure, things may have been a little more expensive than back in the west, but by only a few cents. Much more do-able! We still have one more store we're interested in checking out before we decide which one we like best, but that one will have to wait until next week.
On another note. We have new cell phones. Boyd's bit the dust a few days/weeks before we moved and it was getting to the point where he couldn't see anything on his screen. T-Mobile doesn't have coverage out here, so we have switched to i-wireless or something like that. They had a good family plan deal. Here are our new numbers:
Boyd: 319-936-8702
Sarise: 319-936-8704
3 comments:
AWWW! I miss you Sarise! Happy Hobby Lobby-ing! That place is way fun. They had one in albuquerque.
It's both tough and fun getting used to a new place. All my best wishes to you!
haha we realized the same thing with groceries... wow cali is expensive! and we don't have a cheap store! 1.40/lb apples is actually cheap!! AHHH!!!! but it'll work out! Love you!
Post a Comment