Monday, June 1, 2009

Iowa, Here We Come!

That's right folks......

We've finally made a decision on where Boyd will be going to law school next year! By July 31st we will be headed out to Iowa to start a new adventure in our lives. Personally I'm really excited to go back to the midwest for a few years. It was a really hard decision to make For nearly a year we've thought we would end up in Houston for law school. Houston has a lot to offer us...the school being inexpensive, one of the best IP schools in the nation, near family, and in a good job market...but something just hasn't felt right about it for a while. Boyd would still love to be able to work in the Houston area, so we're glad that Iowa gives us the option of being able to move down there once school is over.

Here are some of the benefits of going to Iowa for school:

1. A really good school. It's the highest ranked that Boyd got accepted to, and everybody seems to think it's a REALLY good place to go.

2. They've really impressed us with all the communication they've had with us recently.

3. They're really good at placing people out of state after graduation.

4. They house the 2nd largest law library in the country.

5. Smaller town. Boyd won't have to waste so much time commuting.

6. We've been told that there's a tight knit LDS student population.

7. Bonus features: We'll be only 5 hrs from my parents and 2 hrs from Nauvoo. We'll actually have real thunderstorms again, and we'll still have snow!! (ok, that last one is something only I like. What can I say? I grew up in MN.)

3 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

YAY! Congrats guys. When my plan was to go to law school that's where I planned om going! :) Good luck!!!

Gerb said...

Sounds like a lot of good reasons to go to Iowa - but I still wish BYU would have worked out! Let us know if you need any help packing, getting ready, etc.

Love you guys!!

Mamasooz said...

I for one am hoping I might get to see you in the CG building on a Sunday visit sometime and see that little cutie (well the big cutie too I guess) of yours!