Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Know We're All a Little Tired When.....

I'm not quite sure what happened to those 5-7 hrs of straight sleep, but they've been a thing of the past this week. We're back to our old schedule of waking up twice a night, and if it was last night....try like 6 times? I'm pretty sure the little guy had some gas problems last night keeping him up.

Back to the subject...
Wake up #1 last night happened at 12:30, about an hour after we had gone to bed. Boyd lovingly got up, grabbed the crying baby, who proceeded to gulp down 4 oz of food, and then put him right back down. Well lately he's been playing that game where he is dead asleep when you put him in his bed, but then wakes up 10 minutes later and for some reason can't put himself back to sleep. So, 10 minutes later, I woke up to him crying. Usually the person who fed him will hop back out of bed and solve the problem. Boyd never got up, but he sure was trying to solve the problem!! He started bouncing his leg and "shhhhhh"-ing the baby to sleep IN HIS SLEEP!!!! I giggled, and he mumbled something about being sorry, but that's how he usually gets the baby to go to sleep, and just kept on doing it! It was pretty funny in the moment.

3 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

That is hilarious!!! Marc's way of 'handling' Benjamin crying is to walk in his room, pick him up, walk back to our room, lay him next to me, then roll over and go back to sleep. At least you got a laugh out of your 'help.'

Gerb said...

That's pretty hilarious. Nice to have something to laugh about at that time of the night!

Nicole said...

That's what our baby's been doing too! He was on a roll I thought sleeping 5 straight hours for a few nights in a row, and then the last couple nights not so much. And I've decided that my baby's a pig with a fast metabolism because he eats more than most babies his age. He's up to 5 ounces now as of about a week ago! I hope little Jacob starts sleeping 7 hours again for you! And that's so funny what Boyd did in his sleep. : )