Boyd was a dream and stayed at the hospital most of the time. We were really lucky that his school schedule let him take three days off and work let him have the choice to work from home if he wanted to work at all. It was very sweet to see him want to spend so much time with little JB in the nursery and in my room.
I'm adjusting to the nearly all-nighters. This little one definitely has his days and nights mixed up. He sleeps pretty much all day and is up nearly all night. From the beginning he's had trouble with nursing, and it seems like as soon as we solve one problem there's something else that gets in his way. Not to mention that it's day 7 and my milk is still barely there. Neadless to say we've had to suppliment with formula. I would rather he nurse, my second choice would be to be able to pump and give it to him, but neither seem to be getting anywhere. There area few ideas we have left to try for a day or two, and then we're going to talk to someone to see what other options we have. Formula is just so darn expensive.....
He's a very cute little tike though, and makes us laugh and smile all day long. (I just wish I could make him happier at night.) We think he has my eyes and nose, but his eyes seem to be turning brown like his daddy's. I think he has Boyd's big toes, and he's definitely going to be tall as he grows up. We are very blessed to have this little angel in our home......
5 comments:
congratulations and how exciting for you! for some reason i can't see the pictures but i'm you've got him home with you and most everything is going well. don't give up on the breastfeeding! i'm sure you'll be able to get it to work! :) yay for being a mommy and a daddy!
Sarise, I had the same problem with Dyllan & had to supplement for a month or two, but eventually my milk came in really strong. I was trying to nurse him all day though, it kind of drains you but it was worth it once it finally came in. I hope things are going well for you & your new little family!
Congratulations. I couldn't see the pictures you posted either, but I'm happy to hear that you're adjusting well overall. I can't believe you had him a week ago already. Still no baby for us yet. It could still be a couple weeks, but we're hoping we don't have to wait that much longer. How was labor and delivery? How are you recovering?
Congratulations! Breastfeeding can be hard; don't feel guilty. Are you on WIC? Its a government program that can give you formula or milk, cheese, etc, for nursing moms. Its saved us a lot.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment