We just finished listening to the book The Rainmaker on CD, and then watched the movie. The movie is nowhere near as good as the book. (We were both highly disappointed.) Anyway, in the book the main character, Rudy, talks about how he despises having to even consider being an ambulance chaser. He thinks it's sleazy and degrading.
We're both pretty addicted to reading about nearly any law school we'd remotely consider going to, and then some. The other day I was reading about the U of Alabama Law School when I ran across this line.....
"Alabama Law School also does its part in providing social opportunities for students, such as golf tournaments, formal events, and the yearly tradition of a race to the courthouse in which students, often clad in shorts, dress-shirts and ties, chase an ambulance from their campus to the city courthouse."
I couldn't help but laugh out loud! Maybe it was just the timing of when I read it, or maybe it's the fact that I was doped up on Tylenol Cold at the time, but we both found it pretty funny that this was something they considered a major attraction to their school.
No comments:
Post a Comment