Thursday, November 1, 2007

Home is where your heart is

I never thought I would consider Utah home. Growing up I thought it was an ugly, brown place with dull, rocky mountains in contrast to the green I grew up in. Now that I've been here for 5 years, my thoughts are starting to change. Boyd and I still would rather put our roots down somewhere out of state, but for right now, it's really starting to feel like home for the first time. This fall I started to realize how hard it will be to leave the mountains and the beautiful scenery behind. Maybe it's because I've spent so much time studying how these mountains were formed and the rocks in them. They're no longer a large mass of ugly, gray rock. Instead, I think they're amazing, and the contrast they make against the orange leaves in the fall is breathtaking. Boyd loves to go walk up in the canyon by our house. Living right at the base of the mountains allows him to go running and exploring the mountainside in his spare time. The last time he went up (right before the first snow storm a couple weeks ago), he took these pictures. He even saw a deer, but that picture didn't turn out good enough to post....





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about not feeling like Utah was home until I was married and settled. Now that we are in Orem, out of Provo, we can breathe and it feels like "home." We even succumbed and got our Utah plates today . . . that was a big step for me!